Precision Optics for High-Power Lasers
Fiber Focusing Lenses
The Model 02-014-1 is an air spaced, computer designed multi-element lens that is diffaction-limited when used with fibers having core diameters as large as 1200 microns. Operational wavelength is 1064nm. The 02-014 reimages the emitting surface of the fiber with a 0.67X demagnification. Focused spot sizes are significantly smaller than those achievable with single-element lenses used in a similar collimating/focusing configuration. All optical elements are fabricated from high laser-damage resistant glasses and are anti-reflection coated to reduce reflectance per surface to 0.13%. The working distance between the lens and the target is sufficiently large to allow use of a gas nozzle to enhance the cutting or welding process and to prevent debris from depositing on the lens surface.
Other wavelengths are available upon request.
- Maximum lateral aberrations of less than 20 microns
- Larger working distance enables use with taller target surfaces and reduces gas/particle contamination
- Low absorption, high index glass for mimimum lens heating
- Capable of handling in excess of 1kW
- Materials Processing
- Available accessories include outer housing with fiber receptacle, fine focus adjustment and gas nozzle. Please inquire.
|Effective Numerical Aperture||0.36|
|Max. Loss (Absorption)||0.5%|
|Max. Loss (Total)||1.3%|
|Effective Focal Length||40.6 mm|
|Back Focal Length||65 mm|